10 Ideas for Self-Improvement Month
In case you didn't know, September is Self-Improvement month. Even though there's only a few days left for the month, there's still plenty of time to try something new to help improve your mental, physical, and emotional health! Here are ten ideas for Self-Improvement Month.
1. Read a book. Self-help, fiction, biography, WHATEVER. An easy way to grow your mind is to learn or imagine. Books are a great way to do that.
2. Get a new outfit. When you look good, you feel good. When you look good AND feel good, your confidence sky-rockets. When your confidence is high, you're much more likely to have a productive and positive day. Also, if you're into being on-trend, a little birdy told us that purple is in this fall.
3. Start taking a health supplement.
Multi-vitamin, probiotic gummy, or maybe just some good 'ol vitamin C! Your body deserves some love. So educate yourself on what your body needs, nutrition-wise, and take a step towards self-improvement and better physical health.
4. Give yourself a D.I.Y. self-care night. Try a bubble bath with essential oil bath salts, a new loofa in your favorite color, a moisturizing mask, and some relaxing music. A totally easy and productive self-care night, just for you! You deserve it.
5. Deep clean your bathroom using non-hazardous cleaning products.
Let's be honest, your bathroom hasn't been deep-cleaned since you moved in. It's time. Plus, cleaning helps relieve stress! Grab some eco-friendly cleaning products and get to work. You'll be so glad you did.
6. Treat a friend to coffee. The older we get, the harder it is to hang out with our friends on a regular basis. Kids, work, and life seem to get in the way. So, get intentional about staying in touch! Make a plan and take your bestie to a new coffee shop you've been wanting to try. Laughter and connection are good for the soul.
7. Make a list of 100 things you’re thankful for.
Push yourself to focus on all the positive things in your life! It's great practice for managing stress, anxiety, and depression.
8. Put a puzzle together.
Patience and strategy are all necessary here, and you're exercising your brain during this activity. What an easy (and fun) way to better yourself!
9. Make a new dish and invite a friend over for dinner.
Not a chef? That's okay! Maybe you'll totally fail and burn that roast to a crisp! Failed attempts are learning experiences. And who knows? Maybe you'll surprise yourself with how great it turned out.
10. Try a 10 day fitness challenge.
Pinterest has too many of these to count. Find something realistic and go for it! A 10-day challenge is a doable commitment, and might even motivate you to try a 30-day challenge. Then, some day, a marathon! Okay, just kidding, that's a little crazy.
Whatever you try these last few days, know that doing anything at all, with the intention to better yourself, is admirable! We're cheering you on from over here in Independence, and hope you find a new hobby you love, make a delicious meal, or have a ton of fun catching up with a friend. Happy Self-Improvement Month from the Cargo Largo team!